- Inspection Visits: all prospective families are invited to check us out. Spend time in the centre to get to know us before making your decision. Questions that you might consider are:
- Do the children receive quality attention and care?
- Are the staff responsive to the children’s needs?
- Do the staff appear happy in their roles as teachers?
- What is staff turnover like?
- Is the environment exciting and well resourced?
- Are the sleep areas safe and well supervised?
- Is the bathroom child friendly and clean?
- Are the meals nutritious and prepared hygienically?
- Does the centre have policies and philosophies that match your own?
- How does the centre report back to you at the end of each day about food and milk intake, sleep patterns…?
Please phone us back if you have any queries after your visit. It is our wish to give you all the support we can to create clear understandings of home and centre expectations to ensure a strong partnership is established and maintained.
- Download and complete an initial enrolment form, indicating the booking you need. (This form is an application for a place- a place is not guaranteed until you receive the full application pack from the office.)
- Confirmation of booking made by the centre. Enrolment pack sent out.
- Pre-entry visits. Minimum of 2 pre-entry visits required to:
a) discuss and complete the booking requirements, payment procedures, general centre policies and any other queries families may have. We are required by law to have a copy of your child’s birth certificate and a record of any Immunisations completed. These must be provided on enrolment..
b) meet the teachers and become familiar with the routines of the room.
- Booking commences.
What to bring: Where appropriate, please supply nappies for your child. These will be named and stored in your child’s locker. Staff will advise you when replacements are needed. If you run out, the nappies will be supplied at $1.00 each. We ask that you bring at least one change of clothes for your child. These can be left at the centre in your child’s locker. Please supply a named sun hat for the summer period and wet weather footwear and clothes for the winter periods. ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING SHOULD BE NAMED, INCLUDING FOOTWEAR, JACKETS,SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR.